AWEARNESS Kenneth Cole
We once again welcome AWEARNESS Kenneth Cole as a supporter of America’s Parade!
Men’s Wearhouse and Kenneth Cole Productions have collaborated to offer the “AWEARNESS Kenneth Cole” collection, available exclusively at Men’s Wearhouse.
The collection benefits United States military veterans, a population that lacks significant supportive programs across the country. A one percent contribution from all everyday gross sales of “AWEARNESS Kenneth Cole” products will go toward helping veterans transition into the workforce. Hire Heroes USA, a Veteran’s transition organization, and Help USA, a housing and supportive services organization to the homeless, will partner with the cause. Proceeds from the sales will assist in the successful counseling and career placement for thousands of veterans, and provide transitional housing for those fighting homelessness.
* * * *
ABOUT HIRE HEROES USA – Founded in 2005, Hire Heroes USA is a national nonprofit organization headquartered in Alpharetta, Ga. Hire Heroes USA is dedicated to creating job opportunities for US military veterans and their spouses through personalized employment training, and has gained national recognition for its comprehensive continuum of veteran career transition assistance.
- Career counseling sessions to help guide veterans through a career search
- Career assessments (initial veteran intake assessment)
- Professionally revised resumes for veterans to use in their new career search
- Transitioning service members attendance at a 2-day, comprehensive Warrior Transition Workshop, to include resume revision, job search techniques, networking information and mock interview practice
- Veterans with new, family-wage supporting careers
ABOUT HELP USA – HELP USA is a national housing and homeless services organization that is dedicated to the premise that all people deserve safe, stable housing. Founded in 1986 as an organization focused on building transitional housing for families, HELP has since grown in both breadth and depth. They currently operate 43 different programs and residences across five states, and our interventions cover the entire spectrum of housing issues. HELP runs homelessness prevention programs, manages emergency and transitional shelters, and builds and operates affordable permanent rental apartments. HELP USA believes that creating and maintaining housing stability is the most important step towards a safer, happier, more productive life.
- Provide veterans with job training and employment search
- Ensure veteran households avoid homelessness by providing rental assistance
- Supply homeless veterans with furniture to move into their new apartment
- Provide households with transportation assistance to go to work, make appointments, and find employment